Many people fear the word “dental implant”. There are rumors and myths surrounding this dental procedure that cause patients to become uneasy and unsettled instead of considering it as a real option for their health. In reality, dental implants are extremely safe, functional, and viable. At the office of David S.Kao, DDS
, your dental implants in Los Angeles
are in good hands. We want to make sure you understand what exactly to expect throughout the dental implants procedure.
If you have a broken, missing, or damaged tooth, dental implants can replace your natural teeth to help improve your health and functionality. We implement a 5-step dental implant process to help you understand what to expect, and to determine whether you are a suitable candidate for implants. Below, you can find more information about what dental implants are, and how the process works.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are permanent fixtures that are applied to the mouth with a simple and quick surgical procedure. They act as replacements for your natural teeth, as they are made of a biocompatible titanium material. They can include a single tooth implant, or they can replace an entire row of missing teeth.
This is one of the most highly recommended procedures for natural-looking tooth replacements. Not only do they look and feel like natural teeth, but they also work to restore all functionality to your mouth, so that you may chew, smile, and enjoy your favorite activities again.
Our Dental Implant Process
This process is easy, thorough, and safe. Here’s what you can expect before, during, and after dental implants in Los Angeles:
1. Assessment – During the assessment phase, Dr. Kao will give you a thorough oral exam to understand your mouth and determine what precautions should be taken during the implants procedure.
2. Preparing for Dental Implants – Next, Dr. Kao will hand-fashion a custom dental implants treatment plan that will work with your mouth’s biggest needs.
3. Preparing the Mouth – The doctor will need to prepare the site for dental implants. This often includes cleaning and tooth extraction.
4. The Procedure – During step 4, Dr. Kao will place the implants into the prepared area of the mouth.
5. Completion – When the procedure is finalized, the doctor will monitor the patient’s health and recovery over the next few weeks. Health concerns should be discussed and properly treated.
Types of Dental Implant Services Available
Dr. Kao’s office offers many different types of dental implants based on the needs of the individual. Some of the most common types of dental implants include:
● Single tooth replacement, which replaces a single area with a dental implant
● Multiple teeth replacement, in which two or more teeth in a row need to be replaced with dental implants
● Teeth in a Day implants, which is a new and advanced procedure that gives patients new implants in a single day
● Full arch restoration, an arch replacement and tooth restoration alternative, which is good for patients who are missing all their teeth
● Dental implant replacement, a procedure that can replace dental implants if they are broken beyond repair
All on 4 dental implants